Sunday, April 02, 2006

From the Restrooms...

This one is going to be a bit gross..;), so please bear with it. Last weekend, when we went to Monroe (somewhere close to New York City) to drop Kavin (he got job there), we had this 'tea time' sort of discussion. Here who were involved in the discussion is not important..;) so names shouldn't matter to you.

We all were having pizza in a Pizza Hut and Purvin got a call from nature, so while he was attending the call we were discussing this - 'Our Behaviour in Public Restrooms'. Kavin revealed, generally he feels very uncomfortable when someone else is also there on the shit-pot next to him. All the noises coming out (obviously farts ;)) are the most pathetic thing. And, that fellow wouldn't even bother to care, all he does is keeps on farting again and again. So, Kavin makes sure he always keeps on flushing the toilet to get rid of those farts (believe me this really works, the noises always fade away in the flushing water noise). Wow, that was some true revelation from Kavin and Shantanu couldn't agree more on that. Same behaviour...!

Suddenly, I felt so good about it. I thought so I am not the only person in this world who does this, but I found 2 more right in front of me. And I told to myself I think I am normal :), everybody turns the flush on in rest rooms. As far as I am concerned, mine is somewhat wierd. I just don't use the restroom if someone else is already there in the next 'cubicle', unless its extremely urgent. The person next door always makes me nervous, and I just can't concentrate :D. And if somebody comes after
me, then my flush never turns off ;). The good thing about flush tanks in public restroom is they fill up pretty quickly (or may be instantly), so that you don't have to wait to fill them up like our home ones. Otherwise, it would be difficult to avoid the firecrackers next door...;), and we all would be in miserable open trap...

In general peeing and shitting in public restrooms in America is not always the heavenly experience. I wish they were more private. Even the worst 'Public Sauchalaya' in India would have at least stone/marble barriers to pee even though sometimes you won't find the PPs (those are Pee-Pots in my terms). And here, you hardly see such things, it's all 'open'.

Kaushal

8 Comments:

At Sunday, April 02, 2006 2:01:00 PM, Blogger purvins said...

hahahaha......
Patel... reallly a hilarious post!!! but thoughtful also...

Its kind of fun when people open up with there rest-room practices.... else everyone imagines he is the only one with some wired ways of using rest-room..

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006 2:02:00 PM, Blogger Kaushal said...

Adi:
You are lucky dude, you have fan in your room. I wonder if you carry a mobile ventilation fan when you are not in the house ;)

Btw, it's Gujarati and not 'Gujrathi'...

And I love 'jhajru'...:D

Kavin:
Trud dude, they should be called 'nervousness rooms' rather..

And yes, people do spit invariably, may be you cold write a blog post on that..;)

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006 2:06:00 PM, Blogger Kaushal said...

Thank you, Thank you all...:D

Adi, what if I say I composed the final draft of this one in the restroom as well...

Purvin:
you should also share some 'practises'...We all know that you make phone calls, something new...

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006 2:12:00 PM, Blogger purvins said...

ya....first for the farts.... I have this line

"Silence must be heard!!!"

and talking on phone from restroon is really amazing...see you are in sitting and shiting.. so why not utilize the time in a better way!!!!

Accutuly someone should design a computer/laptop stand for toilets.. its really a nice place to work on comps!!!

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006 2:16:00 PM, Blogger Kaushal said...

not a bad idea purvin...:)

 
At Monday, April 03, 2006 12:08:00 AM, Blogger Kaushal said...

i think that somebody would be the best to describe the incident by himself...;) rather than me writing about it...

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Ess said...

indeed an amazing post!!!
wht is more annoying is when someone farts while peeing.

it happened once in outlet mall, I was peeing and another person who was peeing, started farting. his kid was standing behind him...and tht guy tells him...stay away frm daddy, son!!!

I jus cudnt control my laughter.

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:39:00 PM, Blogger Kaushal said...

Thanks Sumedh..

Me too cant stop laughing..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home