Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's mandatory in Vegas to make mistakes...Part I

Finally it came! After months of planning (I wonder if we ever had any exact plans..;)). The only thing that was sure was that, we were going to get there. And it was always uncertain right from the beginning that who would make it to the trip eventually and who would not. Till two weeks before the trip, 5 (Shantanu, Golu, Purvin, Saloni & I) of us were in from the east coast. But, future was as unpredictable as it could get! And Saloni was out due to conflict with her new job in Boston. I always had reservations about it - if she would ever be able to join us...! And she would have killed me for forecasting this (But I promise, I would go with you :D..if you want..;))..:)! Anyways, everything happens for good and some good reason as well. So, in the last week only 4 of us were there from east and Aditya, Shashi & Snigdha from the west. Not surprisingly, the last week was harshly exciting, no one could wait any longer for the days ahead. Starting Thursday evening someone from us was flying to the west. Friday, couldn't have gotten any longer for me. It had become very difficult to concentrate in the job..and I was waiting to leave the office around 2.30. Fast forward, I am at the Buffalo airport now, and it's about 3.15 pm. Anyways, you must be wondering where were we all upto...well it's in the subject...! nevermind, we were upto Los Angeles and Las Vegas after 3-4 months of 'planning'.

As I mentioned earlier, I was at the airport. And I had no idea what was ahead for me that day. When I reached the AirTran terminal there computers were down, so they couldn't print the boarding pass for me and for many others as well. To my bad luck, to make it worse, I didn't know anything about my flight..;). I didn't have any e-ticket, flight number/exact time etc. Only thing that I knew as I was flying to Los Angeles..and just had learnt from Purvin the day before, that my stop-over was in Atlanta. So there she was looking for my flight details :), and then she gave me a token (not boarding pass), and that was all needed to board the plane...! So, that was story # 1. Now I am ready to fly to LA from Atlanta..and this was going to be very boring flight..it's very frustrating when you have to sit at a place for 4 hours and absolutely doing nothing. So, we were aboard and to our good luck the flight was ahead of schedule..everyone was so happy about it..but as I mentioned before it was one bad day...there was a long wait in take off..so we were waiting and waiting...for almost 1 and a 1/2 hours. Imagine, we were still in the plane and on ground and the captain was taking us east and west in the Atlanta airport... finally we took off at 9.30 pm, after much hated delay. So, now I was airborne. And still more was yet to come. So, there was this Chinese girl (at least she looked) sitting next to me, in the middle seat and I was on the aisle seat. The fight attendant came, served some pretzels and a drink. I was so thirsty by then (it was 3 hours in the flight now - however only 1 1/2 of actual flying), so I asked for both coke and water. And I was holding the water cup in my left hand. Something happened...and I spilt the water on that girl's pants...:(..that's it she was all pissed now. Obviously, she had a good reason ;)..and her seat and the floor were uncomfortably wet due to water and the ice would also play some role after some time. So, there she was now trying to wipe the water off her clothes, and there I was saying sorry again and again..:(..didn't really know what to do/say..;)...due to all these drama, now I had put the coke cup inside the one with water...and, she tried to get out.. the moment she stands up and boom...she knocked my hand.. this time the coke is off the cup… and on my pants...:(...it was her fault though..;)..so, I am also all wet now, the coke started getting into my those areas of my body where it shouldn't have..;)..poor me..couldn't do much...just waited there for it to dry by itself. So, that was the end of the drama. I was feeling very sorry for the rest of the flight, while she was sleeping on the seat..! Finally, landed in LA at about 11.30 pm local time, after one hell of a flight..!

Kaushal

P.S: This is just one part...I am still writing more...but didn't want to bore you guys with one long post..:)

4 Comments:

At Friday, July 07, 2006 10:33:00 AM, Blogger SAL said...

Yes, it all happens for the good!

Btw, I knew the airport part of the story... the Chapti part is funnier ;)

Also, have to hear a lot more... especially the "bigger mistakes" part/ drunk part ;)

Awaiting ur post/email/call :-P

 
At Friday, July 07, 2006 2:46:00 PM, Blogger Ess said...

now tht every1 is mentioning the bigger mistakes...even I want to hear them.

anywayz...the coke/water spill was very funny. I hv done tht once, while travelling coast to coast...but luckliy no1 was on the next seat.

praveer has done it while sitting betn 2 european babes. it cant get any worse than this :p

 
At Friday, July 07, 2006 7:31:00 PM, Blogger Kaushal said...

Dont worry everybody..

I will write about the 'bigger mistakes' soon...eventhough i dont call it a mistake..:)

Sumedh:
In all 3 water spills Indians were involved...like

'Aap, main aur Praveer'..:D...recall the tv ad in India..!

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 2:03:00 PM, Blogger Praveer said...

sumedh..is that called worse? at least uss bahane un ladkiyon se baat hua.

next time flight mein agar babes baaju mein ho, toh sprite hamesha lena chahiye....take this advice from the expert ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home