Sunday, July 16, 2006

It's NOT mandatory in Vegas to make mistakes...!

This is the last one (and most interesting) in the 4 part series of our recent LA/Vegas trip on July 4th weekend. If you haven't already read the first 3 parts, you can read them here:

Part I, Part II, Part III.

Anyways, we were walking and suddenly Shantanu spotted beer for $2, that was cheap. He bought two cups, so I tried one. This time I didn't find the beer very bitter, which I most of the times do! So, just kept on drinking and bottoms up! Now, great thoughts started pouring into my mind, and suddenly an enlightening thought came into existence! I thought, I've last few hours in Vegas, and we'll be back to Buffalo. So I decided to drink a lot in next hour or so, while we were walking towards Venetian. Anyways, the beer had started showing its colors, but faintly! And I was feeling dizzy now, vaguely! Inside the hotel, I was trying hard not to sway..;), even though, I was still not so 'drunk'. Anyways, took some snaps near the Venice, and got a call from Purvin/Aditya. It was about 10.45, and we had hardly arrived in the Venetian, and a table was available in PFC, so had to go back. I thought man, we just have come and should spend at least 10 minutes below this blue sky in the night. And we did did that! Second call, and now we were heading back. But I had made a commitment to myself - drink a lot now. So Shantanu, bought 2 more cups! And I think I had 1 1/2 of those. We were running on the foot path and still running late for PFC. So thought of taking the monorail (It's a train which runs parallel to the strip and passes mostly through the parking lots of most hotels), and we were now in the direction of the train station. But the station appeared farther than we had anticipated, and Golu had started getting pissed off on Shantanu now..;).

We walked like a quarter mile inside the hotel before we reached at the station finally. And what we saw - the fare was 5 dollars, man who would spend 5 bucks for a 1/2 mile ride. And I thought I could buy 2 cups of beer and still will have one buck! Obviously, we were not rich enough to spend that much and just decided to walk only to PFC. It really was like an emergency and we were running and panting inside the hotel. Somehow, found the way to get out of the maze of the hotel and now we were back on the strip and running again. I was trying my best to walk straight, and to avoid a head-on collision with the oncoming traffic..;)! I really was enjoying it, but it still was not over, I had to drink more. Anyways, reached finally at the restaurant at about 11.30 or so. Purvin and Aditya already had ordered something to kill the time, well that was some wine (see, I should be proud of myself, even if I was drunk, I remembered all these :D)!

Anyways, it was time to order the favorite lettuce wraps! Ordered that, and along with that I ordered some beer as well (that was first glass), and so did everybody else. She came back with the drinks and wraps and I drank the beer even before I ate. And Shantanu had started worrying now, he kept on saying 'Patel kai khai le pehla (Patel, eat something first)'. Well, I did take that, and had 2 wraps. Finished my drink, and tried Golu's as well. He had ordered something which I don't know, but looked red/maroon, however, didn't like it a lot I guess. Anyways, the waitress came back again and I ordered one more beer. She happily took the order, she came back and this time it was all over me. I almost finished it in one sip. Ordered third one, she came back, I had a sip, and bang! The glass was broken and the beer was on the table now and probably on Golu's clothes as well ;)! Well that was it! I still wonder, how the glass got broken! I don't completely want it to attribute to my drinking:)! Another reason was - most of the times I keep on knocking and breaking things. And same thing must have happened this time as well. Anyways, the P F Chang story was over there.! I apologized to the waitress for breaking the glass and we got out. Somehow, managed to get to the hotel. If I am not wrong, Purvin had suggested that he and Aditya will get the car outside PFC, while Shantanu & Golu will 'take care' of me..:)! But don't know what was decided finally, because now we 3 also were walking towards our hotel!

Boom, the beer didn't want to stay in my stomach now, it so wanted to come out, and I puked! This was just the beginning! I must mention here that, I puked in some lawns by the walk way on the strip. I really am sorry for that, and for messing up somebody's lawn ;). Anyways it must be about half an hour past midnight or so, we reached the hotel and I was flat on the bed now! But we had to leave very soon, so that we can reach Los Angeles back in time! Somebody woke me up, as we had to leave, I just got up from the bed, tried to take control of myself (Shantanu & Golu were there holding me probably). Anyways, now the 2nd cup of beer wanted to come out! I tried to run for the bathroom, and to the hotel-room cleaner's bad luck, Purvin was inside! I couldn't wait any longer, and just puked, tried to stop with my right hand! And eventually everything was on the room floor now. I really had started feeling very bad now, my head was aching a lot, and my mouth was so bitter, and just hated myself for drinking (this always happens.;)). Anyways, Purvin had to come out midway (which I found after reaching Buffalo the next day;)). I went inside the bathroom and puked some more. Golu was there next to me, I suppose. Waited there for sometime and I was feeling better!

Came out, packed my bag (I still had to do that, I hadn't forgotten that!;)). Meanwhile, Purvin and Aditya had already gone, I think. I tried to clean up the mess from the floor as much I could in that state, felt really bad for that! We were leaving the room and it was back again, I was inside the bathroom again and same thing! But after this I was quite alright. Finally we were walking towards the parking lot.

Don't remember perfectly but we left Vegas at about 1.15 am or so. In the car Shantanu had found me 2 plastic bags, in case I needed it in future, I just lied down on the seat, with my hands holding that plastic bag wide open. Golu was sitting next to me on the middle seat, while I was all leaning towards the window. My head was burning like anything, and we were driving! Just wanted to sleep so badly, and I did sleep! However, puked a little bit as well, but in the bag! Took a break at about 2.30, after an hour of driving or so! And after that I had slept completely!

Thanks to all 4 of you (and special thanks to Shantanu & Hemal for patting me:))! You guys are the best! Reached at Aditya's place early morning, I was alright now and was feeling very embarrassed for all my 'adventures' of last night ;). From there we drove to Shashi's house. Shashi & Snigdha had readied some very good Gujju food - 'Patra' & Poha as well. We had it, talked for some time. Aditya dropped the 3 of us - Purvin, Shantanu & me to the airport at about 9.15 am! And now we were on our way towards east!

Well, the return journey wasn't also very smooth, the flight was delayed in Atlanta for more than an hour, due to which we reached at Buffalo almost at 11.30pm, I think!

Anyways, that was all about (not really..!) the Los Angeles and Las Vegas trip. I hope you enjoyed reading it! And yes, 'It's NOT mandatory in Vegas to make mistakes'...! And certainly, what happens in Vegas, doesn't necessarily have to stay in Vegas..:) I just did it, so that we all will have a story to tell & a moment to cherish forever! It was a deliberate attempt..!;)

Kaushal

2 Comments:

At Monday, July 17, 2006 4:16:00 PM, Blogger Chintan said...

yaar Kaushal, did u have just beer or did u mix it with other drinks (vodka?) I don't think beer alone is this intoxicating.

btw, a great post, laughing my stomatch off reading ur post, must have been a truly a memorable experience for you :P
U can always blame all the embarrassments to "that's what happens in Vegas".

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Kaushal said...

thanks..!

Chintan,
I don't think anything was mixed into the beer. But I puked because most of the times I drank at once, without pauses that's why and on top of that I was empty stomach...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home