Friday, August 25, 2006

Being 25...!

Few weeks ago I turned 25, precisely on July 19th. Well in a way it was just another birthday for me. I never get too excited about my birthday unlike most people. However, this year it was special, special in a sense the number 25 itself.

For me turning 25 is kind of scary. I mean, I never wanted to turn 25, it has some kind of psychological effect and suggesting that you can no more be called a youngster and you are forced to be 'Uncle or Kaka'. I feel like I am no more a kid and can't just behave the way I have been doing all these years. However, I doubt if I'll change even after turning 75, if I am alive till then.

Anyways, once you cross 25, I think you are officially out of the amateur leauge, and people expect you to behave maturely. Once again it's more psychological than anything else.

Sometime, I wish if I could go back in time instead of getting older. May be we should be born old and get younger and younger on every birthday. But then, we might want to get older, who knows ? We always yearn for the things which we don't have..!

Bottomline, I am just not liking the tag of 25. It's like you have finished one stage of your life and a new life is ready. Nevertheless, nothing has been changed in me since I turned 25. I still wake up in the morning, goto job and then sleep. But it's scary again...:(

I can never imagine myself of say age 35 or 40. I will just be too young to be 35 anyday in my life...:)!

Kaushal

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Ess said...

hahaha...I turned 26 today :(

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 2:14:00 AM, Blogger purvins said...

the good part is you are able to rent SUV's!!!!

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Chintan said...

For the optimist, age is just another number. But the society expects that with every additional year of experience you will have better information and will behave more in accordance with the 'expected' societal behaviour. Fortunately, to comply is entirely up to you :)

Getting older is never a pleasant feeling because getting older also means growing up.

I'm an optimist in this regard and have taken Mr. Adams' slogan to heart, "18 till I die" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home